So, you’ve decided you want a bird! Great choice! I absolutely love birds, and I have a personal pet Quaker named Nova and she is my best friend.
The thing about birds is, although they are cute and well worth it, they are very high maintenance pets and are not for people who are away all the time and cannot spend at least 2-3 hours every day with their bird. They need quality time with their parents (you!).
- Durable hard plastic outer shell protects incubator and is easy to clean
- Automatic egg turner turns the eggs completely every 4 hours to eliminate manual handling and improve hatch rate (41 egg capacity)
- An integrated fan pulls in and circulates fresh air to stabilize temperature and improve hatch
- An easy to read digital display shows temperature, humidity, and days to hatch (adjustable for a variety of eggs)
- High/low-temperature notification light flashes when the temperature is below 97°F or above 103°F
- Includes egg candler to monitor development progress of the eggs
- Large picture window provides a 360° unobstructed view inside the incubator
- The GQF Hova-Bator has been widely recognized for over 30 years as the world’s best small incubator.
- This Thermal Air Flow model, the 1602N, is the most economical and efficient incubator available.
- Heated air flows out the exhaust vents on top and draws fresh air through the bottom vent.
- Includes two small windows on top for easy viewing of eggs and hatching chicks.
- Can be safely used for a variety of poultry (chickens, ducks, quail, guinea fowl) as well as reptiles.
I do not think the Green thigh the easiest of Caiques to breed. If we have a good breeding pair is the generally very good. I think Green thighs the best caretakers of their children. We have grown in different areas with different green thigh couples. But overall, this so-called kubs in cages (m3 cages) good. If possible, we place the birds so that they can hear the same species, but can not see.
Green wings get along with most other macaws their size, so keeping two macaws together is fine, but don’t allow birds of different species to breed.
Macaws, including green-winged macaws, thrive on a nutritionally balanced diet, such as Lafeber’s Nutri-Berries and Lafeber’s Premium Daily Diet Pellets, as well as fresh fruits, vegetables, and healthy table foods. If properly fed and cared for, a green-winged macaw is reported to have a life span of more than 70 years.
Main Function – HHD Egg Hatcher Mainly used for chicken, duck egg hatching, through to the temperature and the incubation temperature setting
- HovaBator Genesis 1588 Egg Incubator Kit
- Includes: Pre-set electronic thermostat to 99.5 Degrees F
- IncuTurn Automatic Egg Turner
- Digital display of current temperature and humidity
- Quail rails for egg turner are sold separately
The hyacinth macaw stunning cobalt-blue coloring and massive size will cause anyone to pause and take notice. Bright yellow around the eyes and at the base and the corners of the beak makes the largest of the macaw species appear to be in a perpetual smile. This is a parrot for someone who afford a hefty price tag and who has space to spare.